Saturday, October 2, 2010

America, The Beautiful

While driving to Malibu in search for my next photo shoot location... I came upon this amazing garage. The theme I was going for in my shoot was "Americana". Needless to say... I stopped searching. I went to the owner of the house and asked if it was possible to shoot her garage... she was delighted! The woman was a charming mother who sadly is battling a terrible disease... ALS. After speaking with her, her caretaker gave me a flyer for a benefit her family is putting on to raise awareness of this 
debilitating disease. 

If you are interested in the benefit it is Friday, October 15, 7-10pm at the Malibu Beach Club. There will be dinner, dancing, silent auction and lots of fun! ($50 minimum donation for the event) Please email Sandovalfamilyparty@gmail.com if you would like to attend.

If you cannot attend but would like to donate please send donations to:
The Lorie Sandoval Family Foundation
P.O. Box 2122
Malibu, CA
90265
**No donation is too small and would be greatly appreciated.**

A photo of Mrs. Sandoval (before disease) painting the garage after 9/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment