Sunday, November 7, 2010

My date with LACMA...



I absolutely love this combination of camel and black... simple and sophisticated.

Fratelli Orsini 'Italian Silk Lined Leather Gloves', $69.95

In the words of Rachel Zoe... 'I'd die' for these huge silver buttons!


I love how detailed the vests were... and the royal colors are gorgeous!

J.CREW 'Harvest Herringbone Vest', $125
A much more modern take on a men's vest.



Looks like someone was doing their homework... 
the beautiful two-tone boot below resembles the original 1850s riding boot.

ZARA Two-Tone Flat Boot, $229


While some people are huge fans for sports teams... I am a huge fan of historic costume. Yes, I know that sounds super nerdy but its true. Needless to say, I could not wait to see the 'Fashioning Fashion' Exhibit at the LACMA museum!! I swear it was like Christmas morning for me! (Too much?) Regardless, the amount of detail men and women wore back then was amazing. I chose the images because they inspired me the most (and I didn't want to spoil the whole exhibit for you... I seriously must have taken 100 pictures!) 

It was unbelievable how the articles were in such good shape. I appreciated how the exhibit took us through the process of how men and women dressed over hundreds of years. All the layers (I can't imagine how hot it must have been!) and why they wore what they wore was really fascinating. Besides the beautiful clothes, I enjoyed finding pieces that are relevant to current fashion today. Maybe after seeing these images or visiting the museum, you too can add a hint of history to your wardrobe.

If you are ever in town, bored or share the same nerdy passion as me, I highly recommend taking a visit to the LACMA museum in Los Angeles.

Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
5905 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA, 90036
http://www.lacma.org/

**The 'Fashioning Fashion' Exhibit will be there until March 6, 2011**

No comments:

Post a Comment